On occasion laboratory tests are recommended to help identify specific imbalances. Tests can be useful to target underlying causes of poor health more quickly and accurately, however, it is always possible to progress without the use of a test.
Tests are based upon an individual's requirements and they can be used to evaluate digestive, cardiovascular, endocrine and immunological function.
I use a variety of laboratory partners to get the best suited test for my clients.
These tests can mostly be conducted at home and will require the provision of either blood, saliva, stool or urine samples. On rare occasions blood may need to be drawn by a qualified phlebotomy service.
Some of the available Tests:
- NeutrEval - This test identifies key nutritional deficiencies. The NutrEval FMV evaluates overall nutritional status to determine personalised supplementation needs for antioxidants, B-vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, amino acids, digestive support, and other select nutrients
- ONE (Optimal Nutritional Evaluation) - This nutritional test helps to give an understanding of individual diet and supplementation needs, and offers a personalised functional nutrition assessment covering Antioxidants, B Vitamins, Digestive Support, and Minerals
- Comprehensive Adrenal Stress Profile - This test comprises of the standard Adrenal Stress Profile (which assesses cortisol and DHEA levels) and Secretory IgA (SIgA). Imbalances of cortisol, DHEA and SIgA can lead to the most common health complaints of the 21st century. Both excesses and deficiencies of DHEA and cortisol have been implicated in the aetiology of various illnesses and immune suppression
- CDSA - Comprenhensive Digestive Stool Analysis - The test offers a comprehensive look at overall health of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. The stool analysis evaluates digestion / absoprtion markers, gut metabolic markers and gut microbiology markers.
- GI Effecrs Comprehensive Stool Profile - This test can reveal important information about the root cause of many common gastrointestinal symptoms such as gas, bloating, indigestion, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and constipation. This stool analysis utilises biomarkers such as Calprotectin to differentiate between Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Diet and Lifestyle Check Plus - Get deeper insights into how your diet and lifestyle are affecting your health. Everything in the Diet and Lifestyle Check together with magnesium, insulin and cortisol
- Well Woman UltraVit - Advanced health check for women which includes thyroid function, female hormones FSH, LH and oestradiol as well as ferritin, vitamin B12, folate, vitamin D and magnesium
- Well Woman Check - A female health screen which includes tests for liver and kidney function, cholesterol, iron deficiency, red and white blood cells and female hormones LH and FSH
- Female Hormone Check - The Hormone Check Female tests for levels of specific hormones which can influence your chances of conceiving, your menstrual cycle and menopause
- Hormone Mini Check Female - A quick hormone check to test for levels of female hormones, oestradiol, progesterone and prolactin in the blood.
- Menopause Check - This simple blood test measures hormones which can indicate menopause or whether symptoms could be due to a thyroid condition.
- Menopause Mini Check - A simple finger-prick blood test which measures levels of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) which can indicate menopausal status.
- HRT check - A blood test for oestrogen, progesterone and FSH levels in women who are taking hormone replacement therapy
- Thyroid Check Plus (TSH, FT4, FT3, thyroid antibodies) - This test measures thyroid hormones and thyroid antibodies for an in-depth picture of your thyroid function
- Thyroid Monitoring (TSH, FT4, FT3) - A useful profile to investigate thyroid function. Includes TSH as well as key thyroid hormones FT4 and FT3.
- Thyroid Check Ultra Vit (TSH, FT4, FT3, thyroid antibodies, B vitamins, ferritin, CRP-hs) - A thorough look at your thyroid function as well as key B vitamins, iron storage and inflammation
Energy and Weight Loss
- Tiredness and Fatigue Check Plus - An advanced test to investigate why you might be feeling tired all the time. With tests for anaemia, vitamin D, thyroid, iron status, B12 and more (23 tests in total).
- Weight Loss Check - A simple entry-level profile to help you investigate why you are having trouble shedding the pounds. Includes vitamin D, thyroid function and a diabetes check
- Weight Loss Check Plus - Building on the Weight Loss Check this profile tests for anaemia, thyroid function and cholesterol as well as stress and diabetes
- Weight Loss Check Ultra - Building on the Weight Loss Check Plus this test includes tests for anaemia, thyroid function and cholesterol as well as tests for stress, diabetes and hormones
- Lorisian 100 - Analyses your IgG antibody reactions to 100 food ingredients
- Lorisian 150 plus - Analyses your IgG antibody reactions to over 150 food ingredients
- Lorisian 250 plus - Analyses your IgG antibody reactions to 208 food and drink ingredients
- DUTCH (Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones) The DUTCH test provides a comprehensive overview of adrenal and sex hormones, it assesses how your body is processing hormones and whether there are any imbalances.